For the Autumn and Spring Terms:
- A royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan, either plain or including the school’s logo;
- A white shirt/blouse or polo shirt;
- Black or dark grey trousers or shorts, culottes, skirt or pinafore dress;
- Black shoes or black trainers.
For the Summer Term:
- as above
- A blue and white gingham school dress;
- Black shoes, sandals (suitable for school) or plain white trainers.
Children should also bring a named book bag, rucksack or satchel, and a named water bottle to use throughout the day.
For art and craft work it is helpful if children can bring an old shirt, apron or overall.
For Physical Education they need a white T shirt, black, or navy shorts or skirt and rubber soled plimsolls or trainers.
For outdoor games, children need appropriate warm kit in winter (in black or navy) and appropriate outdoor trainers.
The swimming pool is open from the Easter holidays until the Autumn half-term. Children should bring appropriate swimwear (no bikinis, no baggy swim shorts), a swimming cap and towel in a waterproof bag.
Many of these items are readily available in local clothing shops and supermarkets. Clothing and book bags with the school logo are available from Trutex, 14 Cockcroft Road, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 8LL.
Please make sure that all clothing, footwear, and other items that children bring to school are clearly named. If your child loses an item of uniform please look in the class cloakroom and then the Lost Property Box in reception.
‘Pre-Loved’ school uniform is available at no cost. There is a Harwell School Uniform facebook page or ask the school office to put you in touch with Joanne Ray who runs the scheme.