Expectations for school uniform
For the Autumn and Spring Terms:
- A royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan, either plain or including the school’s logo;
- A white shirt/blouse or polo shirt;
- Black or dark grey trousers or shorts, culottes, skirt, skort or pinafore dress;
- Black or grey tights or Black, grey or white socks;
- Black shoes or black trainers.
For the Summer Term:
- as above
- A blue and white gingham school dress
PE Kit – to be worn to school on PE day
- plain white T shirt or with the school logo;
- black, or navy shorts or skirt;
- black or navy tracksuit bottoms / jogging bottoms or leggings;
- appropriate trainers,
Swimming Kit – from Easter to October half term
- Appropriate swimwear – no bikinis or baggy swim shorts;
- A swim hat is compulsory;
- No jewellery to be worn. Children must be able to take out and put in their own earrings.
Please send swim kit and towel in a waterproof bag.
Children should also bring a named book bag, rucksack or satchel, and a named water bottle to use throughout the day.
For art and craft work it is helpful if children can bring an old shirt, apron or overall.
School uniform can either have the school logo (clothing and book bags with the school logo are available from Trutex, 14 Cockcroft Road, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 8LL) OR can be generic. Many of these items are readily available in local clothing shops and supermarkets.
‘Pre-Loved’ school uniform is available at no cost. There is a Harwell School Uniform facebook page or ask the school office to put you in touch with Joanne Ray who runs the scheme.
Please make sure that all clothing, footwear, and other items that children bring to school are clearly named. If your child loses an item of uniform please ask them to look in the class cloakroom and the Lost Property Box for their class.